[Gllug] Auto Login?

Dylan dylan at shinyboots.org.uk
Mon Aug 27 16:15:33 UTC 2001

Some time ago I asked the question you have been bickering over.

Let me make myself plain:

One of my the machines on my home network is used by a lodger in his room.
He is naive about computers and will believe that if he is presented with a
GUI at boot up then that is how the system works. The machine will only ever
have one user and does not have access to the server / other workstations
(except gateway, of course) I am irritated by his inability to remember how
to log in (even though he uses an NT system at work) so I would like to make
it unnecessary. I would, however, like to be able to log out and then log in
as root for admin in case things arise which cannot be done remotely.

I remember a distro I tried out (maybe RedHat) gave me this as an option at
install time...

I enjoyed reading your sarcasm, but really, guys!

Dylan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk