[Gllug] HeadLess Linux Server !

George guirguis at btclick.com
Mon Aug 27 14:56:31 UTC 2001

Hey Axel,

My idea was at first to making a server with a micro-atx mboard and loads of
fans in 1u server chassis. But since it was only meant to be a cheap
project, that was out of the question.

So, I decided to just use a normal second hand tower with a few hard drives
and loads of fans. Then, I would create a little control box, which is just
an industrial metal box (that matches the colour of my desk) and and lcd on
the front (which connects to the server via parallel) and a few buttons, and
I'm considering using a microcontroller to process the input of the buttons.
I just can't seem to find a cheap second hand tower ! About 300mhz

Anyhoo,
That's about it, I'll send a pic, once I've completed the design, feel free
to comment, and/or flame/complement

Bye for now
George

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk