[Gllug] collisions and slowness

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Wed Aug 15 13:39:57 UTC 2001

I have a Dell 220 here with a custom compiled kernel running apache,
samba, netatalk, proftpd etc off of debian potato. Its damn slow, and I
get tons of collisions on it. Taking netatalk off makes no difference.
Putting another machine in its place gives good bandwidth / no collisons.
Any ideas?

          EtherTalk Phase 2 addr:2/56
          collisions:240

Only been up 4 minutes, and I have 240 collisions!

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com fractalus.com/steve stevecoast at hushmail.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk