[Gllug] collisions and slowness

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Thu Aug 16 09:52:44 UTC 2001

Hi,

I may well be talking windows but have you checked your network card it
maybe faulty.  netatalk is not the greatest thing going, I believe that
apple have kept some of the source code closed (I could be wrong).  If
you are having lots of collisions it is going to effect netatalk
adversely due to the way Mac clients communicate.  You could also try
the following mailing list for support :

netatalk-admins at umich.edu

Some times they can help if it is a netatalk problem.

I don't know how much this is going to help you and as I am even newer
to Macs than I am to Linux and this advise is probably bum.

Regards Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk