[Gllug] 2.4.9 and BIND

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Tue Aug 21 19:49:28 UTC 2001

Is anyone else having problems with the 2.4.9 kernel and Bind?  I've found
this on both the 8.2.2p? version (lazily left on internal box), and with
the 8.2.4 current version (hurried upgrade).  It works until my on-demand
link goes down, then after that if it has to resolve anything it starts
the link up ok, but is unable to resolve anything it doesn't have a zone
file for.  I have to kill it and restart it, every time.  This doesn't
happen with 2.4.6 - what I've gone back to now.  Nothing in the logs,
naturally.  I should really start doing super logging with BIND, see if I
can get a hint of whats going on.  Maybe at the weekend.  What I was
getting from dig was 120.0.0.1: Connection timed out.

Regards
Bill.

--
W. Palfreman.