[Gllug] Matrox G450, SUSE Linux 7.2 and X

Rob Andrews rob at impure.org.uk
Tue Aug 21 23:42:24 UTC 2001

[Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 08:44:29PM +0100] Mick Wilkinson whispered thus:
 > Can anyone help with the getting the above to run?
 > Apparently there is a problem with the G450 - it won't work with the
 > frambuffer.

I have a G450 (although I took it out in favour of my nVidia[ugh] card,
which has visibly better quality video scaling and motion compensation), and
I found that I could get the kernel framebuffer to start on the first head,
but not on the second. After giving up and compiling the drivers as modules,
the most I could get on the second head was garbage, but I could display
images on it (fbi).

X worked fine with it, although for the 4.0.x series you'll have to get the
driver from Matrox. Dual head works like an absolute dream. 4.1.x has a driver
that works on the G450, but it doesn't do DRI or Xv, fwir. Unsure if it does
dual head.

Might pop it in over the weekend, see if it does.

--
<pgp> 0x8bb5c71e  "This Basil. This Basil's hand. This smack on the head."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk