[Gllug] Whinge

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Thu Aug 30 17:31:33 UTC 2001

On 30 Aug 2001 14:30:33 +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> With Debian(-based) it's probably slightly simpler, with an 'apt-get install
> $PACKAGE'. But you'd still need to know the name of the package to install.

Hang on. Weren't you arguing for Windows' install procedures? Having to
know a package name is /not/ harder than having to know the product
name, browse to the appropriate web/ftp site, download the package
yourself, check for any dependencies it may have and satisfy them, and
then configure it.

You'll excuse me if I stick with apt-get.

~C.

--
Chris Ball || chris at void.printf.net || http://printf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk