[Gllug] Fwd: Re: [L2E] Routers {CISCO}

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 06:51:51 UTC 2001

As regards kit,
I would suggest that you look at Extreme Networks rather
tan Cisco.
Probably one of their Summit range would suit.

We have one of their routing switches, and it is good kit.
Extreme offer bandwidth reservation, which you might need for the voice.

As regards VPN, take a look at Netscreen http://www.netscreen.com
These are much, much cheaper than Cisco kit with VPN functionality.

For getting the kit in and configured,
I highly, highly recommend a company called K-Net Telindus.
http://www.k-net.co.uk
I've dealt with them in the past, and they are resellers for this kit.
Just ring them and ask for sales - they are an engineering driven
company, so do have clueful staff who can do the job for you.

By the way, what you need of course for this task is ATM. Smile.
Easy to then reserve bandwidth and send voice across it
(for voice all you need to do is put two cards in the switches,
then hook your PABXes to them).
But nobody wants to know us ATM types any more :-(

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk