[Gllug] Are i386 & i586 rpm's interchangeable?

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Fri Aug 17 17:20:59 UTC 2001

I believe that the Mandrake rpm's are just 586 optimised rather than
specific.  If you find something doesn't seem to run properly try using 386
rpm's such as red hat's.  Most of the non GUI RH and M'drake stuff is
interchangeable. with KDE stuff it is another matter as RH and Mandrake use
different printing systems and the libraries clash.

Andrew Richardson

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk