[Gllug] OT: Just probing the job market in London

Rainforestanne at aol.com Rainforestanne at aol.com
Wed Aug 15 11:46:29 UTC 2001

In having been stung with a property we rented in Stevenage which was a flat
no bigger than most peoples kitchen, the contract market is very slow and in
being made 'redundant' from companies, the actual base is never London as
what will buy a detatched in the countryside with 3 to 4 hours traveling is
for those with families to consider. I have yet to find rented accommodation
that is under £500 per month that is a desirable residence and not just a
square box with a door. Interested to know of  of the finds better than
estate agents have found so far. Jobs are not a secure position and it costs
to live in London, however, Kensington and Knightsbridge is nice if one lives
away from the traffic.