[Gllug] He who controls the bootloader

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 28 15:26:12 UTC 2001

>Some parts of the company like Cobalt (duh!), Java or StarOffice do
>support Linux completely, but the company as a whole does not.

I've been told by semi-reliable sources that the long term plan is to
migrate RaQ's to Solarix/x86 (on current hardware), to allow an easy
migration path to Solaris/SPARC for future hardware. AFAIK, they're
sticking with Linux because it works *now*, and it's bringing in
revenue. The switch to Solaris (if turns out to be anything more than
just a rumour) will take time.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk