[Gllug] caldera calls out.

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Aug 23 10:24:30 UTC 2001

M$ are in the black.

I have just priced up M$ Exchange server against Bynari's insight
server.  Both have the same functions, except I would expect Insight to
be more robust as it runs on Linux.

Costs for exchange + w2k for 500 licences £32,000
costs for Insight server + Redhat support for a year for 500 licences £900

Oh and yet they still want to run with M$ because they have the
expertise here.  (I should temper this with the fact that I had to
explain to the M$ hostmaster here the difference between MX, NS and A
records!).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk