[Gllug] focus control in KDE

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Aug 21 09:10:58 UTC 2001

On Friday, 17 Aug 2001, David Spencer wrote:
>sean at uncertainty.org.uk wrote:
>>        does anyone know if it's possible to stop kde from
>>popping up windows all over the place ?
>>I am getting annoyed with background windows popping up and
>>grabbing focus when I'm in the middle of typing something.
>can you switch focus control back to wherever the mouse is pointing,
>rather than Losedows mode where a new window grabs the focus?
>that should resolve the problem.

I wonder if the original poster is confusing KDE with kwm? If it's a
property of kwm, he could use some less irritating <flamebait> and
ugly </flamebait> window manager.

Sawmill (which may or may not be KDE compliant) has a lot of nifty
features in this respect; for instance, newly created windows need not
get the focus.

[Also, you can ignore stacking requests on certain subsets of windows
- so bloody Netscape can't bring itself to the front every time you
look at it.]

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk