[Gllug] speech synthesis

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Aug 21 15:57:31 UTC 2001

On 20 Aug 2001 20:43:30 +0100, Tom Gilbert wrote:

<snip voices>

> and some of them are wicked

I was thinking about how difficult it would be to create a jcm voice
diphone just out of a weird fascination I seem to have with the idea. I
know nothing about how to do this but apparently it can be done by
ordinary people so I think I should look in to this :)

As for the speed thing, speed of machine seems to have little impact
above a certain threshold however I do find festival runs a lot more
happily on >1GHz than on my old PII-400.

--jcm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk