[Gllug] focus control in KDE

David Spencer David.W.Spencer at oracle.com
Fri Aug 17 16:43:36 UTC 2001

can you switch focus control back to wherever the mouse is pointing,
rather than Losedows mode where a new window grabs the focus?
that should resolve the problem.

The problem with *too many* Linux guis is that they try to be too much
like Losedows.  Grab the good bits yes, let's benefit from the millions
Microsponge poured into UI research but for heavens sake lets ditch the
crap (like a new window popping up unexpectedly and grabbing focus), or
at least make it configurable out.

anything happening tomorrow? haven't been to a single meeting yet and I
might be able to make tomorrow (look out for a shiny red helmet...ooer!
:-)

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk