[Gllug] PostFix

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri Dec 14 14:05:37 UTC 2001

On 12/14/01, 1:14:32 PM, Stephen Harker <steve at pauken.co.uk> wrote
regarding [Gllug] PostFix:

> Does anyone know how to make PostFix listen on a different port than
> 25?

Edit the master.cf file and change the line beginning

	smtp inet

	10025 inet

(assuming you want port 10025).

> I am trialling the new SMTP email anti-virus product from Sophos
> which listens on port 25 and proxies to your regular MTA after
> stripping the attachments and scanning them first. But I want to put
> them both on the same machine if possible which means shifting the
> PostFix listen port out of the way so that clients connect to the
> scanner instead of the MTA directly. Can't find it in the docs :(

My experience of virus-scanning proxies is that they are poor at the
basic smtp.  So I prefer to use a content filter.  That way postfix
handles both incoming and outgoing, passing them through the filter (an
smtp process on the same or other host) for the virus-scanning.  I can
provide details if you're interested.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk