[Gllug] Postfix Listening Port

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 14:05:00 UTC 2001

---------------------------------------
Message from:-
Tim Clarke  (tim at seacon.co.uk)
Seacon Holdings plc Group, London, U.K.
Telephone: +44 (0)1474 320000
      Fax: +44 (0)1474 329946
---------------------------------------

I use qmail rather than postfix, so I don't know whether this comment is
relevant.
As far as I can make out,  smtp service is often handled by the inetd
'super-server' which spawns the appropriate process (in our case qmail).
This may or may not be the case with Postfix.
If you can't find any ref to port numbers within the postfix docs then
this could well be the case also.

Have a look at inetd.conf or xinetd.conf to see if this is the way its done.
If so,  simply edit the file to use another port and send inetd a HUP (I think !
- but check it) signal to get it to re-reads its config.

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk