[Gllug] Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, Linux

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 13:24:52 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 13:01, Anthony Mark Enrione wrote:
> There were a couple of interesting articles over the last few days about
> the inroads that Linux is making into the special effects industry.  With
> the recent release of Maya this will only gather pace.  It will be most
> satisfying when i go to see Harry Potter

And Harry Potter II!

Buffs fingernails on lapel - working for Framestore/CFC

A certain person from MPC (you know who you are!) might want to say
more.
And Matt Amos was discussing this with me in the pub at LONIX.

Say - would there be any call for a mini-GLLUG meeting on
animation/effects packages? I mean during the week - targeted
at the Soho effects houses?
I'm sure I can book the CFC cinema for such a thing, and probably
get some management support.
I can get Sohonet involved too.

Anyone interested in setting this up please email me off-list.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk