[Gllug] Debian

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 14:43:02 UTC 2001

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 10:56 AM, Stephen Harker wrote:
> > Isn't there a local mirror I can use? ie http.uk.debian.org??
>
> I haven't been able to find anything on the Debian site but if you
> change the lines to those below it seems to work.
>
> deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ woody main contrib non-free
>
> deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian-non-US woody/non-US contrib
> non-free
>
> Thank you for making me a more responsible internet user. ;-)
>
> Peace Jim
:-)
Ok. Thanks you guys. Thats been lots of help. It all seems so
painless. Where are the endless .rpm hunts etc... ;-)
Last quick one. Can I use the potato ximian-gnome apt settings to get
the Ximian desktop or are there woody ones as well. I tried replacing
instances of stable for testing in the following
deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian stable main
deb http://red-carpet.ximian.com/debian testing main
but that didn't work.
So what I mean is...
Will the stable (potato) packages work OK in testing (woody)?
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk