[Gllug] w3m and lynx

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Wed Dec 5 14:09:16 UTC 2001

>I was building a bit of a website yesterday (Have not done it before)

Odd, then, that your pages claim to be written by Bruce :-)

>I have noticed some distinct differences between Lynx and w3m when
>looking at the pages.

Quite probably. Remember, the web is a content oriented medium, not a
presentation oriented one. Thus you can't guarantee *anything* about
what a browser will do with what you supply.

>Lynx does not enable you to view images.

Yes it does. Press "o" to go to options, then select "as links" for
the "Show images" option.

>Any comments would be greatly received for additions etc.

Your frame sizes don't play well with Netscape 4 or Mozilla / Netscape 6.

You have an unnecessary (and unused) frame which tries to load
"anybrowser.html".

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk