[Gllug] Evolution

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 16:19:58 UTC 2001

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 16:12, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> OK, so after several people have been mentioning how good evolution is,
> i thought i'd give it a try.  And yes, it does look pretty good,
> certainly functional enough that i could place it infront of my
> non-technical mum, and expect her to get to grips with it.
>
> But, i have a question:
> So in pine/mutt i can change the 'From: ' field based on some
> characteristics of the message.  Is this possible in evolution?
> And no, adding a new email account, for the express purposes of doing
> this, is not what i'm after.
>
> -vince

If you enter virtual email addresses - new email accounts without a
mailbox attached you can select one from a drop down in a compose box.

Other than that they tend to follow different accounts.

I do not think it has got to a stage yet where it is intuitive enough to
say if header Gllug-mail-list is present use
xander-no-flame-please at harkness.co.uk etc. :-)

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk