[Gllug] Evolution

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Mon Dec 10 16:34:51 UTC 2001

Xander D Harkness(xander at harkness.co.uk)@Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:19:58PM +0000:
> On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 16:12, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> > OK, so after several people have been mentioning how good evolution is,
> > i thought i'd give it a try.  And yes, it does look pretty good,
> > certainly functional enough that i could place it infront of my
> > non-technical mum, and expect her to get to grips with it.
> >
> > But, i have a question:
> > So in pine/mutt i can change the 'From: ' field based on some
> > characteristics of the message.  Is this possible in evolution?
> > And no, adding a new email account, for the express purposes of doing
> > this, is not what i'm after.
> >
> > -vince
> >
> If you enter virtual email addresses - new email accounts without a
> mailbox attached you can select one from a drop down in a compose box.

thats what i was hoping to avoid.  i know it's a perfectly reasonable
solution, but it does mean that i've got to remember todo it.  which
aint always gonna happen.

> Other than that they tend to follow different accounts.
>
> I do not think it has got to a stage yet where it is intuitive enough to
> say if header Gllug-mail-list is present use
> xander-no-flame-please at harkness.co.uk etc. :-)

oh well, maybe it'll be done in a future release.  lets hope it gets
done in a sensible way.

-vince

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc