[Gllug] Auto-Reconnecting Shares (further clarification)

James.Rocks at equant.com James.Rocks at equant.com
Thu Dec 13 17:21:46 UTC 2001

Hi Xander,

> > OK ... can someone explain (from basics) how you do this fstab thing
... I
> > have a share on a Win2K server that I can mount using the command line:
> > smbmount //darla-2000/transfer$ /mnt/trans ?o username=undead, password
> > =<password>
> > The program then connects.
> > How does the above translate into a line in fstab?
> #Demo /etc/fstab file
> /dev/hda8        /              ext3    defaults        1 1
> /dev/hda1       /boot           ext3    defaults        1 2
> //darla-2000/transfer /mnt/trans smb username=undead,password=<password>

Nope ... it no work :-(

I noticed as I restarted the system a messaage saying something about an
"smb" module not being found ... is it possoble that should be "smbmount"
rather than "smb"?

> > Also, whilst we're at it, what kind of line would I need to adds to
connect
> > a printer? Darla-2000 has two printers shared as "eplaser" &
"epcolour".

Any ideas on this one?

James C. Rocks,
Technical Development Consultant
Archway House,
Canary Wharf.
EQUANT
E-Mail:    james.rocks at equant.com (work)
Phone:   07771-767405 (mobile), 0207-5226856 (work)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk