[Gllug] KVM + Linux

John Hearns John.Hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Mon Dec 17 20:17:12 UTC 2001

> Hi Folks,
>
> Does anybody know/own a good KVM Switch that works smoothly with Linux.
> I understand there are some that allow keyboard sequences to switch between
machines.

At the cheap end, for home or small office use gor for Corega
http://www.corega.com
We have two of theirs on PCs, and I have a four-port one at home.
They are good because cables are included in the price.

You are probably looking for something like a Belkin Omniview.
We have two times 16 post ones in the company.

They work fine, and you can set up on-screen displays and things,
and switch via keyboard sequences.

One big niggle I have with them is that if someone leaves the
scroll lock on the keyboard, then that can prevent Linux booting
on the server it is currently 'pointin' at.
OK - I'm stupid.
I bet there is a real easy fix for this,
ie.a 'ignore-scroll-lock-onconsole' parameter.

> Matthew was talking about one the other day (Saturday), but he had a pint of
Cider in one hand...  I've known

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk