Kent LUG (was Re: [Gllug] Linux Roadshow)

chris.ball at fastsearch.com chris.ball at fastsearch.com
Tue Dec 11 15:36:51 UTC 2001

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 10:33, James.Rocks at equant.com wrote:
> I thought Brighton had more pubs in a single square mile than any other
> place in the UK? Of course "square mile" probably has nowt to do with "per
> capita"

In /one/ single square mile, perhaps.  Brighton has The Lanes, a series
of twisty passages that have lots of shops and pubs in; 350, if rumours
are to be believed, all in the space of a few miles.

.. but that's not 'per square mile'.  The rest of Brighton is vaguely
spaced out and country-side-ish, being on the back of the Downs.

- ~C, who grew up in Brighton.
Chris Ball                 E-mail: chris.ball at fastsearch.com
Web Engineer               Web   : www.fastsearch.com
Fast Web Media Ltd         Try   : www.alltheweb.com
12th Floor Sunlight House, Quay Street, Manchester M3 3JZ, UK.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk