[Gllug] vi indenting

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Wed Dec 19 15:49:01 UTC 2001

>What's annoying about tabs is that to get reasonable indenting, people
>mix them with spaces. (Say your tabstop is 4 but for nice alignment,
>you want the next line to start at position 6, so you do a tab and 2
>spaces).

The you have a different definition of "nice alignment" to me. All
the code I write is indented a whole number of tabs. If you think
you need to pad things with extra spaces, then there's nothing more
I can say.

Personally, I indent continuation lines an extra two tabs from the
previous line, and naturally I avoid nastinesses like trying to line
up function arguments with the opening parenthesis. But I guess
there's no accounting for taste :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk