[Gllug] My dad

James.Rocks at equant.com James.Rocks at equant.com
Wed Dec 19 15:49:01 UTC 2001

Hi John,

> I've just moved to Demon.net. They give you a static
> IP address and have no forced cutoff. They have
> several different access points including an
> 08044...something number, so if you have BT Surftime
> then you don't pay per minute phone charges. Demon
> costs 11.75 plus the fee to BT for Surftime.

Demon is getting a real pasting in the professional computer press at the
moment (perhaps they're just this months favourite scapegost?) ... dunno if
that means anything?

I use ISDN (supplied by work but pay for an unmetred package with
Madasafish (£13/month unlimited). I can use that with Linux but that
doesn't prove much as I am currently proxying with a free proxy server
(JANA2) via my Win2K server. Madasafish's service has been ropey since they
switched to WorldPay (they say this is only payment but it sure as hell
seems to have screwed it) so I wouldn't advise anyone in that direction
right now.

James C. Rocks,
Technical Development Consultant
Archway House,
Canary Wharf.
EQUANT
E-Mail:    james.rocks at equant.com (work)
Phone:   07771-767405 (mobile), 0207-5226856 (work)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk