[Gllug] Video Editing in Linux

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Dec 18 15:04:08 UTC 2001

On Tuesday, December 18, 2001, at 01:35 PM, Alex Hudson wrote:

> On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 12:54, Martyn Drake wrote:
>
>> Are there any decent general UNIX editing systems out there
>> (IRIX, Solaris or whatever)?
>
> Might be soon if you count OSX. Apart from that, I don't know of any.
> Broadcast2000 is capable of pro-quality though, if their Quicktime
> library is anything to go by.

I would be really carefull of thinking about of anything in the OS X
graphical environment as being 'unix' it is a very much a 'Mac'
environment, very pretty, but very proprietary, and very closed.  It has
the Darwin/BSD kernel and back end, you can run all if not most cmd line
programes.  and troubleshooting and connectivity is much more pleasant
than M$ boxes.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk