[Gllug] w3m and lynx

harry postituk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 01:24:42 UTC 2001

 > From: 	Nix[SMTP:NIX at ESPERI.DEMON.CO.UK]

> I prefer links for text-mode browsing; it seems to have the usability of
> lynx and the display capabilities of w3m.

I hate you all, I am only getting to grips with the other two and now Links.
I have tried it and its even more different than the other two. LEAVE ME
ALONE ;-]

> w3m *is* useful for the w3m package for (X)Emacs (see
> <http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/>); in XEmacs and Emacs 21 this package (in
> transparent conjunction with w3m) can display inline images, and it's a
> far nicer web browsing interface than w3.

So far I cannot really fault Lynx but this is as someone new to text
browsing. If I get to grips with Links as well I may have another opinion.

I am still trying to figure out why Mozila will not show all the frames on my

Harry Jackson

6
"Marriage isn't a word ... its a sentence"
King Vidor

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk