[Gllug] Installfest - What time to start.

Colin Murphy colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 10:33:34 UTC 2001

I spent some time, long with [1], on Saturday afternoon handing out
leaflets to people going to the Comp fairs in Tottenham Court Road,
announcing the Installfest.

400 leaflets out in about 3 hours.

.25% (approx) said "Can't read mate."
2.5% said "Linux - No way!"
25% said "Linux - Hmmm" - make of that what you will!
of that 25% about 40% showed very positive interest, with 50% of those
(20 people if you've lost count) saying they will come along.

This is a better reception than I expected and I am now worried about
the amount of time we will have available.

The Uni. will want us out no later than five, so I am aiming to be out
of there for 4.30, which mean we need to stop at 4pm.

I was planning to start at 12noon, but will 4 hours be enough?  We do
have the option of starting earlier, but I need to guage how much
support I'm likely to get.

So, tell me, will you be able to make 10am???

Colin Murphy - colin at ql4ever.demon.co.uk
A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk