[Gllug] [OT] while we're flaming anyway.. (was: Erratic Mouse Behaviour)

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Mon Dec 10 10:27:03 UTC 2001

> I think what would be most helpful is for those people who are
> slightly wiser (smart-arse zealots to Quote John Hearns ;D) could
> tolerate those who are learning and those who are slightly newer to
> tolerate a certain amount of smart arsed zealotism :-)
Works both ways... definately.

My biggest ever mistake was to join a list a coupla years ago, and started
off a mass flame war with an off hand comment about "Linux being far
superior than Windoze" etc etc

As it turns out, the other guy who I was flaming with was also a Linux
evangelist, but was arguing for MS.  Why? Purely down to the way I'd been
a complete zealot and started mouthing off to a list that was already well
aware of the usual OS war arguments (something I didn't know at the time).

So, my lesson was learned.  I tend to take my time, and try to avoid
getting involved in the arguments, as it rarely achieves anything except
raise tempers, and make the Linux fans look like a badly organised bunch
who can't face their own critics.

Even when I'm regularly baited by my Windoze friends/contacts :-D

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk