[Gllug] ADSL modems

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Dec 12 22:26:20 UTC 2001

Just got ADSL at home, and am trying to get the damn thing to work
with the Benoit drivers (cos I hear good things about them ;) After
carefully following the advice in the HOWTO on the Benoit page, I get
these error messages when I try and run 'modem_run':

usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x85 len 512 -110
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x5 len 991 -110
BLOCK1: Connection timed out

I know that a few of you out there are using it, and googling doesn't
throw up anything useful with the terms that I threw in. Your advice,
ladies and gents?

I suspect that it's a problem with the USB interface communicating
with the modem, but the modem shows up in the list of attached usb
devices (from /proc/bus/usb) and it works fine under W2K....

Cheers,

Simon

--
In many cases, a manager may not be threatened by pictures showing him
with a hooker because he is unmarried, or European.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk