[Gllug] w3m and lynx

harry postituk at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 13:25:44 UTC 2001

Hi all

I was building a bit of a website yesterday (Have not done it before) and was
checking the same pages with Lynx ,w3m, netscape and konquerer. I have
noticed some distinct differences between Lynx and w3m when looking at the
pages.

Lynx will display the Title of the page where w3m does not  but the title is
not word wrapped.
Lynx does not word wrap as well as w3m when resizing the page.
Lynx does not enable you to view images.

The site is by no means fantastic it was done more to try it than any
unselfish motive. Any comments would be greatly received for additions etc.
Thank you very much to the person whos code I have been playing with. I still
do not understand all of it but I am going through the books and learning a
bit . You know who you are, besides there is clues in the code.

Harry
http://www.harold.jackson.btinternet.co.uk/website/home.html

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk