[Gllug] [OT] Mailman configuration

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 23:11:02 UTC 2001

On 05 Dec 2001, John Hearns spake:
> b) I am not getting the aliases set up correctly when I add
>    a test list.  The newlist utility isn't giving me alias
>    lines to add, and nothing seems to be added automatically.
>    I have a specific alias file for Mailman in
>    /home/mailman/mailman.aliases
>    BTW, I'm using this with Postfix

RTFM. Hell, not even TFM, TF README:

,----[ mailman-2.0.8/README ]
| REQUIREMENTS
|
|     The default mail delivery mechanism uses a direct SMTP connection
|     to whatever mail transport agent you have running on port 25.  You
|     can thus use Mailman with any such MTA, however the script
|     bin/newlist still generates sendmail style aliases (this will be
|     fixed eventually).
`----

(just about to try out mailman for the first time; it *has* to be better
than majordomo, bleah).

--
`The situation is completely under control. All of them were killed.'
     --- Alim Razim, for the Northern Alliance, demonstrating fine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk