[Gllug] Installing Linux software (Part II)

James.Rocks at equant.com James.Rocks at equant.com
Wed Dec 12 15:18:38 UTC 2001

Hi Guys,

Shock horror ... I actually managed to get rid of the dependency errors by
following some of the advice given here and privately and it goes off to do
its stuff and I get the message:

"file /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-3.1.so from install of db3-3.1.17-7 conflicts with
file from package db-3.1.17-13"

Obviously this is a conflict but what does it mean? Has the package still
installed (and where does it instrall too?) and if not how do I resolve it?

James

James C. Rocks,
Technical Development Consultant
Archway House,
Canary Wharf.
EQUANT
E-Mail:    james.rocks at equant.com (work)
Phone:   07771-767405 (mobile), 0207-5226856 (work)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk