[Gllug] Installing Linux software (Part II)

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 15:08:45 UTC 2001

> I go off to www.rpmfind.net and I enter "gal.so.18" as my search,
> download the indicated GNOME Application Support Libraries
> (gal-0.18.1-1i386.rpm) and rerun the CL "rpm -Uvh
> abiword-0.9.5-16.rpm" ... same dependency errors. I try another of
> the indicated libraries and the same ... HELP!
You have to INSTALL the gal rpm before installing AbiWord. That way
rpm has it in its database as installed and the dependency will not
be wrong. Or try installing both at the same time which should also
work... rpm -Uvh Abiword*.rpm gal*.rpm
But this wont fix the other two dependencies :)
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk