[GLLUG] Token ring W95 PC's losing connection

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 14:30:31 UTC 2001

We have similar things happen here.  I get especially worried when the
network guys say they haven't touched anything.  I find with alarming
regularity that it comes down to one of the routers etc.  They then turn
round and say 'Oh I did not expect that to affect you' or 'Gosh I did
not think anyone was using that'

On a number of occasions I have had to get a packet sniffer on the
network and show them that their firewall is not responding as it should
etc.

I know that when these things happen the users want the service up and
running again instantly.  I was wondering if there was anything
interesting in the logs and whether the routing tables were as you would
expect?

Good job on the first production box ;-)

Cheers
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk