[Gllug] make mutt open folders with threads collapsed

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Dec 9 22:10:40 UTC 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:12:26AM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > You want the manual.  On Debian this is in
> > /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz.  Start with section 3.5, "Setting
> > variables based on mailbox" (you want a folder-hook, for starters).
>
> Thanks Bruce. I know about the folder hooks, but I cannot find any
> setting that can make it make certain folders show up collapsed..

You would need to use a folder hook and the "push" command to send Esc-V
when you open a folder.  Something like

folder-hook foldername push "\eV"

That would achieve your first wish.  I'm not actually sure what you mean
by "not show threads with new messages at all".  If you mean it
literally then it seems a bizarre wish.

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?