[Gllug] Installing Stuff?

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Dec 11 17:26:58 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 04:17:34PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> What we need, is some kinda system where you can register for info about
> a package and be notified by a short easy to parse email when some
> criterion which you've specified has changed. All we need is the buyin
> of enough people to give updates...

Freshmeat has XML versions of the projects that they have,
http://freshmeat.net/projects-xml/perl/perl.xml
http://freshmeat.net/projects-xml/apache/apache.xml

Are some examples. A client script that works out the versions from the local
package management and then goes and looks or some procmail based stuffed
and an auto emailer could cover what you what i reckon... If you had
something watching freshmeat then you wouldn't even need buyin for a lot of
projects, you'd get it for free.

After all its only code :)

	Dean
--
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
   --- Anon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk