[Gllug] w3m and lynx

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Dec 5 16:59:13 UTC 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 04:49:58PM +0000, Jim Bailey wrote:
> Hi Harry,
>
> welcome to the wonderful world of web design It is a complete time and
> money consuming nightmare trying to get a web site to look good or even
> consistent in the various flavours of M$ IE let alone netscape, OmniWeb,
> Konqueror, Mozilla, Opera...

Hmph! Most designers seem more than happy that it only works in IE,
citing the self-fulfilling prophesy of "more and more people viewing
my site only use IE"

Roll on the rise of alternative browsing platforms like mobile phones
and pdas, and the enforcement of laws making sure that websites are
accessible to all. The standards are there, and if only people wrote
to them, browsers would have to use them. As it is, we seem to kowtow
to our machines far too much.

*thread disappears into a rehash of the HTML email debate*

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Boy, when it's this hot, I don't want to do anything at all!
 Fortunately that was our plan from the start"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk