[Gllug] Installing Stuff?

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Tue Dec 11 11:53:02 UTC 2001

Hi,

to paraphrase the Mutt guy all package management systems suck even my
beloved Debian's dpkg, dselect, apt-get stuff.  I tend to use them to get
the basics and simple cmd line tools such as lsof if you want control and
to do things properly source code and compile time flags I found it not
that difficult after the first couple of times and often it is the only
way to get packages to interact the way you want.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk