[Gllug] Linux Roadshow

David Irvine co2cool at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 14:15:53 UTC 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 11:20, Axel Segebrecht wrote:

> > If we get people who can find the time, we offer to go in to
> > companies to do a few hours demo of what Linux can do, and how
> > it would fit into your existing network.
> > Even better use Kpresenter to show some slides!
>
> Great idea :-) Let's do it!
> May be we can talk about it in more detail at the next Installfest?

Definatly a good idea, If we can produce a practical demonstration of
what linux can do, and how it can be used in the environment, a case
study of the cost etc it will go down very well i'm sure. What would
work even better is when you go in with a  blank machine, install linux,
and set up a  box running the services they are paying for already  in a
few hours. You will have shown them how effective it is both in cost and
useability. They will be impressed. You then slip them a business card,
and leave them a copy of linux. You then wait for the phonecalls.

David

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk