[Gllug] Installing Linux software (Part II)

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 18:20:33 UTC 2001

On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 17:52, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> No.  It's more complex than what you are used to but far less chaotic.
> It's just that steep learning curve again.
>
> Maintaining Windows is simpler - chuck in the service pack, hope it
> doesn't bugger anything too badly, resign yourself to a reinstall if it
> does - but it's simply chaotic, inflexible and underpowered.

Just by way of explanation to all involved, Bruce ISN'T spoiling
for a flamefest.
He's used some strongly-worded phrases, which I assume James can take
without being offended.
Just stick with us a few weeks, mate, and you'll be down the bar raving
about your favourite distro with the rest of us...
Or just maybe raving...

But the way, as I've said before, just what IS it with Linux and beer?
I saw today on the Opennms list that the Atlanta LUG is called ALE.
And we're GLLUG.

So, James, a question I've often wanted to know.
Do Microsofties go down the bar and spout on about their favourite
version of Windows?  :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk