[Gllug] OT deleting files in 'doze

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 16:15:04 UTC 2001

Xander D Harkness wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-12-06 at 16:51, will wrote:
>
>>Simple enough you would have thought, but they are all in a directory
>>called ' ' without the ', ie, space.  I have tried renaming it and stuff
>>and using DOS dut have completely failed.  Has anyone on this list got
>>any ideas on this one?  I ask because of the enormity of the combined
>>intelligence of the members of the list :-)
>>
>>happily I am using rdesktop to connect to the server ;-)
>>
> Have you tried quotes around it?
>
> deltree "c:\My Stuff\ \"

Thanks Xander,

Tried putting quotes around it with the normal delete command and that
didn't work and there is no command on the box 'deltree'.  They are
going to do a re-install because that is all they always do and I want
to see if I can get it working without that having to happen basically
because it is a small challenge...

unfortunatly it is a clients win2k server so installing linux would not
go down too well :-|  the tomrtbt would be OK if the DC techs knew what
to do with it.

Any more ideas before the server faces the chop?

--
Will

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk