[Gllug] Auto-Reconnecting Shares (further clarification)

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 13 17:45:20 UTC 2001

Nope, smbmount is the name of a program, smb, ext{2,3}, reiserfs, etc are
types of file system (and perhaps coincidentally the name of kernel
modules?).

What distribution are you using? Have you compiled your own kernel? (I did
some odd things when I started fiddling with Linux.) What have you found
anything concrete in the logs (start in /var/log (or thereabouts) and start
poking around. /var/log/messages /var/log/syslog are excellent places to
start looking).

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk