[Gllug] make mutt open folders with threads collapsed

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Dec 5 04:36:45 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 11:45:53PM +0000, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> Hi there list,
>
> Is there a way to make mutt open a folder with the message threads
> collapsed (a way similar to that of slrn would be nice) and, if
> possible, not show threads with new messages at all unless I request it?
> (I know gnus has this behaviur, and I got really addicted to it...)
>
> I have searched man mutt and man muttrc, but can't find any references
> to how to make the threads start out collapsed when the folder is
> opened.

You want the manual.  On Debian this is in
/usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz.  Start with section 3.5, "Setting
variables based on mailbox" (you want a folder-hook, for starters).

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant.  -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"