[Gllug] Erratic Mouse Behaviour

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 8 01:05:30 UTC 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Stephen Harker stated:
> On Wednesday 05 December 2001 23:18, you wrote:
>> It's *never* necessary. (Sometimes, it's a good idea; the libc5 ->
>> glibc transition, for instance, which otherwise required eventually
>> recompiling every binary on the system.)
> It is when a dodgy SCSI Jaz drive completely freezes the kernel and
> hangs the whole machine. And yes I did try and ssh in from another
> machine. I think the kernel message just before meltdown was "Aieee!"

Similarly, I was 300 miles away from loki here, telnetted into it, doing
a `make install' on the XEmacs package tree, when all of a sudden a
bunch of fs-related panics scrolled up the screen and loki paniced and
auto-rebooted :(

(thank goodness I'd remembered about the auto-reboot-on-panic option.)

--
`The situation is completely under control. All of them were killed.'
     --- Alim Razim, for the Northern Alliance, demonstrating fine

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk