[Gllug] Total Newbie

Andrew andrew at tonyaki.sytes.net
Thu Dec 20 08:55:37 UTC 2001

anwar at druidglade.co.uk wrote:

Hi Darren, and all of gllug friends,

> I am a total newbie at linux.
>
> For the past 3 days, I have been trying unsuccessfully
>
> to install Red Hat 7.0 on my Windows ME machine.
>
> I partitioned the hard drive as the book said, did all
>
> the needed configs (hopes) and I still can't get linux
>
> up and running. After about the 8th attempt, I have given
>
> up trying to run linux. Does anyone live near Morden, Surrey
>
> or is there someone i can travel to with machine in tow for a
>
> talk through. I'd love to learn to use linux but seems I am doomed.

I am a student studying English in Wenbledon, if you don't mind
my poor English, I'd like to lend you a hand. :-)
BTW, I was an insturctor of Red Hat certification courses in my
coutry, I'd like to help somebody to install GNU/Linux and somebody
can help me improve English as well.

If intrested, please give me a phone call: 07810-212696

Andrew Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk