[Gllug] Total Newbie

anwar at druidglade.co.uk anwar at druidglade.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 13:16:48 UTC 2001

Hi there,

I am a total newbie at linux.
For the past 3 days, I have been trying unsuccessfully
to install Red Hat 7.0 on my Windows ME machine.
I partitioned the hard drive as the book said, did all
the needed configs (hopes) and I still can't get linux
up and running. After about the 8th attempt, I have given
up trying to run linux. Does anyone live near Morden, Surrey
or is there someone i can travel to with machine in tow for a
talk through. I'd love to learn to use linux but seems I am doomed.

Thanks

Darren