[Gllug] Installing Linux software (Part II)

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Wed Dec 12 15:02:16 UTC 2001

> I go off to www.rpmfind.net and I enter "gal.so.18" as my
> search, download
> the indicated GNOME Application Support Libraries
> (gal-0.18.1-1i386.rpm)
> and rerun the CL "rpm -Uvh abiword-0.9.5-16.rpm" ... same dependency
> errors. I try another of the indicated libraries and the same
> ... HELP!!!!!

just checking:
you did do "rpm -ivh gal-0.18.1-li386.rpm" etc before re-running the
abiword install?

the other thing to watch out for is different distributions having
incompatible rpms.
e.g. a Mandrake rpm might not work with a RedHat one (though they often
are OK)

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk